Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Nuances of Newsletter Marketing and In Essence List building

newspaper picture Pictures, Images and Photos


by CHICKMELIONfreelance

Email/ Newsletter Marketing is not like other marketing activities with respect to the target audience. While most other marketing efforts are geared to solicit prospects to your site, list building it a tool and technique that allows a continuation of servicing the prospect once they are there. There are some very good reasons why you will want to engage in list building and I am not going to quote the rhetoric about the "money being in the list" .

Simply put it is well known that it takes at least 3 to 5 contacts with a prospect before they consider or trust you well enough to do business with you. In addition, it is far less costly to service and maintain current prospects and clients to turn them over to a (repeat)customer as it is to search our new ones. If you establish a rapport with these individuals and companies, they can help your list and your organization to grow by word of mouth and referrals. It is their endorsements that will be your most effective marketing tool of all...

Now list building is wrought with it’s dangers and thorns. Email marketing has taken some blows by unsavory characters looking for the quick and easy engaging in spamming activity, so you are cautioned to work your list building activities ethically and responsibly. No foundation is ever safe or worthy to stand on if it is built quickly and recklessly. The consequences if you don’t could earn you blacklist status and it is far easier to slowly work with a good reputation than it is to repair a ruined one made by haste. But be cautioned, even the most frugal of email marketers and list builders find themselves blacklisted unknowingly. Therefore take the time to look over spam laws, and how to get out of hot water if you inadvertently find yourself there in this kit, so fear not! Check out some of these sites for some help on the subject: http://carlasnmc.blogspot.com/ (copy and paste address to your web browser)



Although Newsletters are not the sole activity of list building and email marketing, it is very important tool because of it’s very nature in fostering a sense of value with your activity, as well as guaranteeing regular contact with prospects. Marketing nowadays gravitates around expectations of the prospect to be wooed by a free sample, gift or token of appreciation in order to gain their loyalty in return. Once your efforts have landed your prospect on your site, you want to keep them there, or in the very least keep yourself in their mind’s eye. A newsletter is a fantastic delivery of gratuitous gifting as well as a direct one on one advertising vehicle.

Newsletters offer the following benefits:
1) They build long term relationships,
2) allow you to gain the trust of your prospects,
3) and establish your authority and expertise in your niche.
 
Now if you are new to the scene, no doubt you are struggling to pull a list together so here are some ideas:
1)Start with friends and current business contacts and always remember to ask them to pass the word on. Theirendorsement is worth more than any paid advertisement. But REMEMBER TO ASK! Very few are going to volunteer
yet even fewer will turn down a polite request.

2)Work your social network

3)Put a contact form on your web page and use your web analytics to determine the readership patterns of your visitors to your web page... put the contact form in the highest visible spot and offer an incentive for them to sign up.

4)If you have a link exchange going on your site you may consider a very polite email to these contacts asking if they would be interested in being a part of your mailing list. An incentive like a link or a mention on your newsletter may help as well!

5)Work a banner ad pitch and/or a squeeze page pitch or even both in unison to solicit potential opt in patrons.

6)If Article marketing it is worth a mention or a pitch in your Author’s Bio... be creative!
 
List building is a very important activity and will be a regular ongoing process during all the life cycles of your enterprise. Although it is not the "end all- be all" it does warrant allotting time and attention on a scheduled regular basis. Here’s to your success!
 

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD