Saturday, July 18, 2009

by CHICKMELIONfreelance

The Selfish Act of Selflessness....


How to shamelessly and conscience free behave shelfish, and still win friends and influence people...

I have often been the recipient of someone’s selfless act pointed in my direction. I am sure you can identify with me how fantastic it makes the heart feel. The one which sticks out the most in my mind was when I was just shy of 18 years old. I was waiting for my flight at the Edmonton International Airport, heading up north to the Canadian Arctic where I lived at that time. It also was where my fridge and my bed were. Two most important objects at that moment. Ones I had been in need of for at least 24 hours, waiting in this terminal, flat broke.

I was dropped off a day early for my flight by a relative who was continuing on into the next province... I had a very heavy heart at that moment, having come from my mother’s funeral in a small town 4 hours away. I remember I just wanted everything to be over with...to just go home... raid the fridge and go to sleep. It had been a long week and needless to say, I was not particularly in a good mood. So I found myself a quiet and desolate area of the airport where I selfishly took out an entire bench to camp out on and let the hands of time pass.

It was there that “he” came. I can’t tell you his name, or even what he looked like.... only that he was a black man, very large in stature and wearing a suit. To me he was a stranger who was invading my space. And though he was not welcomed, he sat beside me in silence anyway... then after a while he got up in silence and a few moments later reappeared with a tray of breakfast for two. And in silence he handed me a coffee, english muffin and an orange. I was dumbfounded. I thanked him, he nodded and continuing in our silence we broke bread together.

I all actuallty the only thing I remember this man saying to me was when “Well I have to catch my plane.” That was it! I thanked him again for his kindness as I watched him walk away... but then he suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned. “Remember this one thing young lady,” he said, “ no matter what ever happens in your life - don’t you ever worry, you are going to do well. You are going to be just fine” And with that he walked away. Never saw him again!

Yet those few words made all the difference in the world. It was like a light turned on. For some reason I felt empowered by them, as if I had someone in the world that had faith in me and it was impeccable timing since I felt so lost and alone at that moment. My whole attitude turned around. It was then that I recognized the value of ”paying forward.” And it was at that moment that I began practising the act myself. Now hold on, before you go off tooting my horn and giving praises, understand this: it soon became a selfish act on my part.

Once I started being unselfish myself, I soon recognized the perks that such activity offered, which kind of motivated me to continue further in my selfish ways of selflessness. Most acts of putting forth more positive energy into this world are a very inexpensive form of practicing what goes around.... (and here’s the catch.)... comes around! Ultimately it is the sender that gets back sevenfold. A that's a pretty fine investment if you ask me.

From a simple smile to maybe an extra can bought at the grocery store and kicked into the food bank bin. The ways to pay forward unselflessly are numerous. It is just a matter of recognizing in your movements about in any given day the needs of others. You will find in time, once you have this as a habit in your daily life, that needs seem to jump out at you. You have become open and aware to those around you , and share the world with. Secondly, once a need is recognized, and you determine you are indeed in a position to help, then STOP, and by all means do so.. Countless very good people pass by incidents that they could display their goodness because they are caught up in the hustle and bustle of day to day.

A lot of us move about our world in a hurry, looking at something in passing and wishing they could have helped. “...Man I should have stopped for that person with the hood up on their car...“ A lot of us leave it for the next person to come along. “...Oh well someone else with a little more time will...“ Learn the new habit of stopping. The time costs are far outweighed by the benefits you receive in making an impact in another person’s life. (But please always keep your own safety in mind though. Be careful not to over reach.)

In all reality how hard is it to recognize the cashier before you is stressed and tired? Do something to make that brief momentary encounter with them stress free and refreshing... It doesn’t have to be a big thing. It can just seem that way depending on whom you do it for. It can be something as simple as a smile.

You have had random acts of kindness pointed in your direction. Recognize that the same gift you received... the warm feeling of belonging and a load lightened can be the same gifts you can extend to someone else. And in extending you again receive.... What goes around comes around.

First and foremost you will find that you will be raking in a great sense of interconnectedness with the world around you. A feeling of being in sync and belonging. With a new found perspective from open eyes a common side effect will be a vivid and more colourful view of the world and people around you. Because you see more to appreciate, you will find it easier to count your blessings and feel better about yourself, the world and the issues that can affect us all.

Contributing positive into the world empowers and gives a sense of being in control. Expecting nothing back for it completely eliminates the disappointments of waiting for the “come around.” Hopefulness replaces mindlessness. The human race replaces the rat race. You smile more and this all translates into physical well being. You sleep better and you feel empowered. Your stresses lessen. And we all can say an amen to that!

The way I see it we have only two options when it comes to our impact on our world. We can either choose to be a positive force, putting in when ever we can , for the betterment of us all and if the world falls flat on its face, we have no regrets about our role in it. Or we can withhold extending ourselves and in refusing to notice or be a part of the vibrant energy that humanity offers we can find ourselves running with our fears and embracing narrow sightedness, shallow, or selfish desires. All very destructive and unhealthy attitudes and energy to hold onto. And quite potentially a lonely state to be in.

Choose to build and not destroy. No doubt we all have days when we are hard pressed to make a conscious effort to impact others in positive ways, circumstances often bite, but this is when your investment pays it’s dividends. Because your paid forward and these efforts are contagious; the smile you pasted on someone’s face yesterday is theirs to willingly and gladly return to you today. Now that’s simply selfishly selfless!

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD