Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FRONT DOOR FIRST AID...

a good and effective fix in an emergency situation, when you are
outdoors and caught without a bandaid and asprin, just look down.


 
It was a while ago, I remember thumbing through my local newspaper, looking at the inserts.; when I came across one for a health food store. Quickly glancing through it, my eyes scanned over foreign names of extracts conjured up from exotic plants from Brazil, The Rain forest, and China even And I wondered why plants natural to our own home are not marketed as the breakthrough wonders as these. And I just couldn’t believe that God would place each and every one of us in differing environments, without the necessities with which to survive in them. Seriously, what parent would?

It is with this in mind which spurred me to purchase a copy of “Edible and Medicinal Plants of the Rocky Mountains...” by Terry Willard Ph.D. when I ran across it..Only because that is where I lived at the time. (There are many books covering medicinal and edible plants that suit the wide varieties of regions that North America proudly displays.
I am sure glad I did come across this book, it has been a wonderful and captivating source of information detailing fascinating local herbs placed for us by the tender loving care of our Father, confirming to me that He never leaves out a detail in providing for us and our needs.I find great comfort in that

It was in this book, that I was familiarized first hand with a plant very common to most wooded regions of North America, called Wintergreen. “Herbzoo.com” claims that Wintergreen is found all over North America in damp humus rich soil with a preference to peat and sphagnum moss. In fact Wintergreen is a group of plants, with varieties varying from region to region. standing 2-4 inches tall, (5-9 cm.) I discovered that it can be found virtually year round, when I kicked a clump of snow from a spot where I scoped it out in the warmer months. Sure enough there it was , faithfully waiting in all it’s green splendor.

At that time, I lived twenty minutes from downtown, on a five acre parcel of land, surrounded with that exact environment. I remember taking my book outside and locating Wintergreen just twenty steps from my front door, and being really excited about it..Why? Because wintergreen is a fantastic pain killer, and my family and I were rough and tumble outdoors people, often finding ourselves on out bikes miles away from a medicine cabinet. It was handy I thought , to have a natural source near by, just in case. Hey you never know! But how effective was it, I wondered? Well, I wouldn’t have to wonder for too long .

My man and I were outside, in the driveway pulling a motor from his truck, when the chain snapped. It was just one of those things. But when the motor dropped, my man’s hand was in the way, ever so slightly. and his little finger was ripped open. We were out of Tylenol and nearly out of bandaids, wondering what to do to help ease the pain, I thought of enlisting the services of God’s natural pharmacy. Washing and crushing some leaves so as to get the juices in the plant exposed, I places them in the wound. And to my surprise the bleeding stopped almost immediately, and within a Minuit or so, I was told that the wound felt numb. There was no pain at all. Though I had expected this little plant to be somewhat effective for pain relief, I had not expected the outright success it provided at that moment.

Wintergreen contains a large proportion of methyl salicylate, which forms the base of the asprin group of medicines. Making it very effective in alleviating pains and inflamations in different body parts, and oftem a favorite for the use in dealing with rheumatism.

Now fear not, if you don’t have wintergreen growing out your front door as I did at that time, you can buy it in the very same health food stores along side the exotic remedies of other lands. It comes in the form of an oil, and can be used as a tincture or infusion. It is often used for: joint pain, muscle discomfort, arthritis, cellulite, poor cirrculation, headaches, hypertension, inflammations, ulcers, broken or bruised bones, just to mention a few. According to Wikipedia , t has also been used in some perfumery applications as a flavoring agent for some toothpastes, chewing gum, and soft drinks. What a fascinating plant that is proudly North American!
 
 
 
 
 

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD