Monday, January 4, 2010

HOOKS CROOKS AND GOOD LOOKS

Wrong time and place Pictures, Images and Photos






by CHICKMELIONfreelance


There is quite a wide array of business styles swimming in the internet ocean. From the savvy to the sharks... the waters hold them all. Yet survival of the fittest is not necessarily the one who can take the largest bite in the quickest amount of time; but rather the one who surely and steadfastly assembles a foundation of trust and interaction with their client base. Yes these are the ones who seemingly survive tempest of recessions and bounties of growth stages, both of which can drop you to your knees if you are not prepared.

Slow and steady... that is what we have heard for years as a formula for winning the race and because we are on the high speed internet peddling our wares, this by no means dictates a different business approach. Ethics has always outweighed the quick and easy. What does evolve is how we reach and interact with our potential client base. Though a call to action has always been a part of the marketing mix, shout outs now are accompanied with a free offering in hand.

Partly because it has been such a common practice, it has become expected by a consumer driven society being wooed at every turn.Yet there are some very logical and practical applications for offering a free service or product to a prospect such as : creating an avenue to open a dialogue with, creating an environment of trust and confidence, as well as allow the prospect to test the product to see how it fits their needs. Hopefully the prospect gets so used to the convenience of the product they are more than happy to upgrade or try other extensions the organization has to offer. 

A very good example is the strategy Mail Chimp uses. They are a DIY email marketing service that offers a Forever Free Pricing Plan: where you can store up to 500 subscribers and send up to 3000 emails a month... absolutely FREE! Think about it! When you hit their limits what are the chances that you are going to upgrade to one of their paid services and continue with them for a good while in the future?The beauty about this type of plan is the momentum behind the strategy.

It is built on good old fashioned networking and comradely. Mail Chimp graciously allows the "start up businessman" the slack they need to establish a toe hold in their niche. Surely they consider it as an investment in a much larger and longer anticipated relationship in the future. A relationship now built on trust. This is very respectable and ethical partnership mentoring that no doubt enhances Mail Chimp’s success and sets them apart from their competitors.

On the flip side, I have come across far too many of the following characters while surfing the open waters in my research. I fondly call them "Bargain Basement Bobs," and for any of you who are reading this who have shades of silver on your temples and a degree of wisdom only time can serve, you well know this character from old television advertising days.

He’s the outdated, outlandish hustler dressed in an over the top costume claiming to have gone "crazy, crazy crazy... to sell, sell, sell...." (Yes, he’s practically giving it away! Hurry and get in on the deal before they carry him away to the big house!)This entrepreneur overstates the value of their gift, (and I mean grossly overstates,) they claim their product or service is "irreplaceable," while in truth it is shaudy and ..(wink, wink) you can trust them implicitly!

I truly believe these are the ones who have ruined consumer trust in the first place, causing worthy and ethical entrepreneurs to have to dig in just that much harder to re-establish a foundation with the consumer. As an example, I wrote an article a while back on using PLR products to help keep content fresh on a website for the cash strapped and time starved business owners. Now I am not picking on PLR products, they can be a very handy tool given they are of quality and delivered with integrity! In my research though, I decided to test try a few outfits to see what they had to offer so I could get a full grasp of the pro’s and con’s on doing business within this niche. I was readily offered free PLR products to test, some which were very good and indeed they have succeeded in establishing trust.

Unfortunately I found Bargain Basement Bobs lair as well, and it did not take long to come to the conclusion that the 3D Ebook Cover Generating software they were using was far more valuable than the product that the shiny graphic presentation was pimping. It left a very dissatisfied taste in my mouth and a renewed respect for the PLR offering entrepreneurs who stands proudly behind their products with no smoke and mirrors.

Fortunately for this entrepreneur, Bargain Basement Bob just landed him a sale. Now I am not sure if Bargain Basement Bob’s actual product line was as shaudy as the sample he was passing out, but I was not going to lay out hard earned money to find out and in there lies the lesson!

It doesn’t take long to discern the cream from the curds. In the world of advertising wisdom, it is said that the average person generally buys a product only on the 6th or 7th exposure... and there is a good reason for it. So for all of you who are pushing through consistently and ethically, choosing the slower yet steady path... take courage, your foundation will last and your rewards will equal your persistence. My hats off to all you who chose the straight and narrow path......

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD