Thursday, September 17, 2009

You're Not Married To That Slogan... Dump It And Change

slogan fail! Pictures, Images and Photos


You’re Not Married to Your Slogan, Dump Her and Change

By CHICKMELIONfreelance


Amid the flurry and bustle of a Berlin tech fair, Sony announces their strategy to convey a single umbrella brand message for all it’s entertainment and electronics businesses around the world. Which just leads some one to ask, “well what was their last one?”

That is a very good question and when asked, the answer seemed to elude everyone. There is “The Advertising Slogan Hall of Fame,” a list of the more infamous and memorable slogans inducted on an annual basis, but Sony could not be found recorded. Perhaps their slogan was not monumentally memorable in the first place? One might wonder how far back they would have to go in order to get some answers. According to the official story you will have to go as far back as 1982. When “Blade Runner” and “Tootsie” were on the silver screens, the first artificial heart transplant was performed and the cost of a first class stamp was 20 cents. And don’t forget...one of the biggest technological hits of the day was of course...”the SONY Walkman.”... Ah yes! To be able to strap your stereo to your back pocket and go was a technological miracle at the time. It seems trivial now but it set the stage for Sony to be recognized as not only a quality product, but in tune with their customers and the times... yes Sony was poised as innovators!

It was also the same time that Sony last revamped it’s corporate identity and came up with an “S” mark for a logo. Yet concerned whether people who saw the logo for the first time would wonder what it represented, a brief catchy phrase accompanied the logo stating, “It’s a Sony!” From then on all Sony TV commercials ended with the “S” mark followed by a voice over with the slogan. This combination of picture and sound quickly became recognized around the world as a unique Sony trait. But that was then, and we have certainly come a long way since than. Quite possibly Sony Corporation took the time to stop and ask themselves,”does anyone remember now?”

Slogans are very important advertising tools, they are like mini vision statements, effectively conveying a companies key characteristics to all eyes: investors, customers, and suppliers alike. Every company regardless of size should have one. They are easy to plant on business cards, T-Shirts, promotional materials, and if they are catchy enough they may end up in the hall of fame. Indeed a well crafted slogan can keep the product forefront in the consumers mind. That is why most giant companies love to use corporate slogans to spur growth. Now not every company is ripe for a new slogan They are particularly effective when you are trying to communicate a major shift in strategy, or reflect a change in societal shifts, or wake up a sleeping giant. In Sony's case it would be safe to say all three.

Computer technology has swallowed the world that we had once known. Who has not been touched in more than one way with this monumental evolution which is changing the way we look and interact in our world? Advertising has changed in leaps and bounds as everyone jockeys to catch the eye of the consumer who is more often than not, tuned into the computer monitor or android phone. The term “games” used to mean kicking a ball outside on a field, now you can kick the ball clear across the world sitting in a comfy chair; enjoying 3D quadraphhonic surreal surround sound. Mind sets are changing, and indeed Sony has jumped onboard.

“Make.believe” (pronounced: make dot believe) is their new brand meassage and in their words and I am quoting:, “believe” is the power of inspiration and “make” is about crafting inspiration into products and experiences for our consumers. The “dot” is the place where they meet-and where magic happens. Would anyone like to guess who they are targeting? Anyone? This slogan unites Sony’s communication efforet across electronics, games, movies, music, mobile phones and network services, aimed at delivering unparalleled user experiences.

Sony is hoping to re-ignite the innovative perception and inspire consumers to embrace the spirit of “make.believe.”

It will be interesting to keep an eye on how receptive their customers will be , if this is a “hall-of-fammer” kind of slogan. Indeed it is safe to say that with a new slogan we can rest assured to be captivated with a riveting advertising campaign that goes along with it. Time will tell. In the mean time... how’s your slogan doing?

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD