Monday, September 14, 2009

What Does A Lolly-pop Condom and Battery Charger Have in Common?

Smoking Pictures, Images and Photos


What does a lolly-pop, a condom and a battery charger have in common?

by CHICKMELIONfreelance

I’m going to give you a few minutes to think about it, while I recount to you an amazing tale of survivability amid a mountain of bad press and monumental lawsuits. Yet with face lift after face lift the heroine of this tale is still showing up to the ball and turning heads. It helps if you are an “addictive” little beauty as our heroine is. Yes she’s been around for a while and everyone knows her. Like her or not you do have to hand it to her though, she certainly has mastered the fine art of durability by mere evolution.... ”Nicotine” is her name.

How long ago was it that we all knew just one side of her? Rolled up in paper and set on fire. Yes generations would savor her addictive nature, telling tales of how luxurious she made them feel. How grown up and sexy! But as anyone will tell you, once you reach fame... someone’s bound to throw salt on your game.

Photographs started circulating recounting her ugly side, investigations mounted up to prove her destructive nature. Tangled in a legal web one would expect this lady to lay down give up the ghost; but not our dark angel. She just did what any savvy glamour girl has done time and time again... she reinvented herself to stay one step ahead of the law.

Her public relations gurus spun a different feel to her persona, one more altruistic in nature showing compassion for those unsatisfied with their relationship with her. She was willing to offer herself up to help anyone who was just plain hooked on her and wanted to get away.... (but just couldn’t..) If the sage advice often says, “chew gum to kick a habit,” well she was willing to lay herself down to be that gum! Long gone behind her are those who can complain of having to endure her personality unwittingly and unwillingly. No second hand relationships here! She is now exclusive to her fans with an entirely new set of sensitivities to quiet any angry mob of publicity hounds. Or is she?


Candy is sweet, but better yet are her treats! She remembered the days when children adored her and used to buy a pack of “cigarette candies,” pretending to blow elegance into the air as a thin seductive ribbons of invisible smoke? Now days she is not above monopolizing on the nostalgic and satisfying not only the behavioral aspect of attempting to quit her (the need to hold her between the lips) but will take anyone who is willing to a more carefree time in their lives. A time perhaps when one did not need Lady Nicotine’s calming soothing effect but wanted her anyway. Ah remembering childhood! Thanks to her ingenuity and marketing tact, back again are the joys of giggling over a candied product pretending to be something it is not. Yes, I’m talking about nicotine candied Lolly-pops spiked with up to 6mg of her seductive punch.that will have anyone standing shamelessly among their friends (perhaps vibrating a bit) and still enjoying her company without being shunned! Each treat offering sumptuous flavors such as: strawberry, watermelon, lemon-lime, raspberry, grape, cherry, butterscotch and spearmint. She always a good hostess, treating her guests with irresistible flare!

I do however hate to burst anyone’s bubble though, but you have to know that when you revert to your childhood, someone’s just got to step in and rain on your parade. Feeling obliged to regulate like a parent; the FDA with the law as their possy put the ‘suckers” behind lock and key! As the saying goes, “suck it up lolly-pop” these spikes treasures are now prescription only! Sooner or later the relationship with the sweet treats will be forced to an end, even worse by another persons decision!! It hardly seems fair.


Pardon my French... but Lady Nicotine must have felt like she was being violated in some way, because she was compelled to fly in the face of these critics and offer her exquisite taste in the form of a prophylactic. Yes my dear, I said it... a condom! Perhaps to prove to the critics that their views of her toxic personality is not entirely a widely held universal consensus. I could go on about how this may leave a bad taste in the mouth, but you be the judge.

A manufacturer in India (Hindustan Latex) are launching a new condom designed to evoke the bitter taste of tobacco during intimacy. There is no need to stop for a smoke now. Yes indeed this concept puts a whole new spin on smoking in bed. All the while gaining yet more publicity points for the guest of honor by proxy, our dear Lady Nicotine. Or shall we now call her Madame?

She’s saving lives, and may a street workers in India has to be grateful to her for her fine taste; which test studies show will induce them to use a condom just for the sheer satisfaction it adds to the job. It seems that test studies indicate that prostitutes would be most gracious in caring for their own health with the flavor of Madam Nicotine’s coaxing. Now the company ran a “taste” test with sex workers including prototypes of bananna, strawberry and even chocolate, but hey the tobacco flavor topped all. And you can’t knock our Lady for doing her civic duty.


She's a lady of the times! One of the endearing things about her, is that she has her hands not only on the pulse of time but on the pulse of her admirers also; quite literally. Now she can super charge and stimulate that rush of adrenalin and double time their heart rate, just as long as one remembers to plug in the battery charger. Yes, though she’s not quite gone online yet ( though give her time)... she is a progressive minded lady going high-tech electronic!

This is a brash and bold move for her. A kind of stand tall and face the storm sort of attitude. And as a reward to the faithful who refuse to abandon her and her pleasurable effects; hand in hand they will mock the “second hand” (or should I say third wheel) “nay sayers” jealous of their relationship and loyalty to each other. Maintaining their true form our Lady and her exclusive fans are united again in “E-cigarettes”style. Via a battery powered device that looks a lot like a cigarette, but is smokeless, delivering nicotine from a cartridge to a small vaporizer. With a $100.00 cover charge to set up, she will entertain her loyal subjects at $1 dollar a day (to get the same amount of nicotine as one pack of cigarettes.) and all will live happily ever after.

Or will she. Don’t look now Lady Nicotine, but you have lawyers on your tail.. Oregon Attorney General has in mid August, gone to court to block sales of electronic cigarettes made by a Florida company. they allege that there were false claims about the nicotine proponent, and suspected as well to be targeting children with sweet flavors such as bubble gum and chocolate. No doubt these are the first of an endless chain of nay-sayers rallying against our fair lady.

Oh no! Here we go again. This sounds awful familiar; and I am almost scared to watch what Lady Nicotine has up her sleeve this time as a rhetorical pun on this latest attack of character. Yet I am also on the edge of my seat with intrigue, because we all know she is far from ready to go down for the count.

By the way my dear lady, while you have the sleeve rolled up any chance you might be up for inoculation? There’s one in the works which if successful will allow smokers to immunize themselves against cigarette addiction. Apparently the treatment is designed to block nicotine from reaching the brain, making it theoretically easier to give up. Is it too early to mention the possibility of side effects? Perhaps just for the moment it is inappropriate to pre-judge whether the cure will be as toxic as the addiction, but there is no doubt that this saga will continue on. As we all now well know by now... our dear Lady Nicotine is a survivor.

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD