Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yoono Tames the Social Networking Jungle

A mess of wires Pictures, Images and Photos



by CHICKMELIONfreelance

There is a Beta on the block that is readily adopted by over 4 million downloads. (It has even surpassed Seesmic and TweetDeck in monthly users.) It comes as a welcome breath of fresh air for all those trying to juggle multiple social sites and messaging sites all at once. It takes your random “all over the place” information and contacts and organizes them into a handy desktop (or browser) feature called YOONO; offered for Windows, Mac and Linux. Best thing of all, this beta is: free,compact, intuitive, and oh so very easy to use.

Yoono supports Facebook, My Space, Youtube, Twitter, Flicker, Friend Feed, Linkedin, MSN, AIM, GTalk, and Yahoo Chat, with the promise of more coming.

We found out about Yoono via an email slapped down on our desktop and decided to take it for a test drive for the last two weeks. Yoono has become a mainstay tool for our social marketing activities and it has saved us loads of time and grief! In an environment where it seems that the work only piles up, it’s refreshing to get a little boost climbing on top of that pile, especially if it only takes 11.92 MB of space to do so.

Yoono is feature rich giving you versatility in organizing your “day to day” keeping an eye on what’s going on around you. It can be as large as you need it to be; as a fully opened sidebar with a browser (which can be rolled out of the way when not needed,) or as compact as a simple desktop icon at your ready. It offers a pop-up preview feature as well so you can keep an eye on current updates while you work on other projects and the yoono sidebar is parked. If it annoys you, there are the options to shut off the pop-up feature for select scheduled time frames or altogether if you so choose. (Turn the feature back on in the tool box section at the very top of the sidebar.)

The Desktop Sidebar:
This is the driving force of the program, from here you can control which of the support services you wish to interact with and download into the bar. Your toolbox at the top will allow you to add more as you need them You can give “across the board status updates” or “selective updates” depending on your need and preference. All your IM services can be run from one application as well - no more logging on to multiple services. There is a share option which allows you to share links, images & videos across all your networks, as well as the capacity to upload photos and link them into your messages. You can even share in your IM conversations by simply dragging and dropping web content.

keeping on top of your contacts/friends activities and updates is easy from this sidebar. It allows you to receive their messages, notes and tags in real time. The beautiful thing about this sidebar is that you only have to open one program, that’s it. Everything is controlled from one sidebar that can be tucked out of the way when you are not using it. In the initial opening of Yoono, as you check on your social sites and messaging sites you will be asked to plug in your name and password info, but that is the last time in that day that you will be bothered with it. Everything else is readily accessible when and where you want it, just one click away! Everything is pretty compact. You can quickly scan through the status updates for all or just one of your social/messaging sites at a time and when you see something you want to dive in deeper a mere touch of the link pops open the browser.

The Browser:
The foremost feature that impresses me about this roll out browser is that it is fast. I hit a link sent from my friends in my sidebar and the browser is opened up and on it at the snap of a finger. One hit on an icon at my tools section at the top of the sidebar and the browser rolls behind the sidebar and parks. I hit the same icon to open the browser back up and it holds the very same information that I left off with. This feature is fantastic for accommodating multi-tasking while keeping the desk space uncluttered.

The Only Things That Are Missing:
This would be a dream application had Yoono included two key features: the capacity to shrink links and the capacity to pre-schedule status updates. I use both of these features on another program which I run called Hootsuite. However I like the compact and versatile feel of Yoono and it’s accessibility over the very bulky and often temperamental Hootsuite. Maybe I will put it on my wish list and cross my fingers that enough people like myself request the additional features. That would fee up a considerable amount of bulk off of my daily work load, ultimately making me a very happy entrepreneur.

One final thing worthy to note is that you have the full support of the developers if you run into glytches. You can access help via a blog posted on their site at www.yoono.com, (which incidentally is where you can download the program) as well as a help page if you run into technical issues. In all essence, you really have nothing to lose but clutter, frustration, and wasted time by giving Yoono a try... you just won’t regret it!

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD