Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Conquering the Stains and Saving the Furniture

Antique Parlor Chair after stain Pictures, Images and Photos


By CHICKMELIONfreelance

Conquering the Stains and Saving the Furniture


It is always an exciting moment when we place our new or newly re upholstered treasured piece of furniture in it’s rightful place. Indeed there is considerable truth to the old adage, “a change is often as good as a rest.” A new or revitalized piece can refresh and delight any space it adorns, and bring much pleasure to it’s household. Until the unspeakable happens. An accident of epic proportion: grape juice, candle wax, or ink is splattered on the prized treasure. These accidents are be notorious for occurring at their worst possible moments as well... like when you find yourself without a commercial solution.

We all know that to effectively deal with a stain on rugs or upholstery, you have to act fast. Often enough finding yourself not well equipped for the task at hand....or so you think! Well think again! Let us look at some effective and powerful home remedies concocted from simple supplies that I am sure you have on hand right now. Check your pantry or cupboards and see if you have any of the following:

baking soda
borax
white vinegar
salt
lime
mayonnaise
toothpaste
egg yoke
milk
rubbing alcohol
salad oil
Windex


This unusual list is going to be all you need in any spill emergency and a large majority of them you will already have on hand. What is the added bonus is that these are earth friendly applications as well. With these you will be able to effectively restore any fibre to its original form without damage to the colors.

An all purpose cleanser made of 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1/2 cup of white vinegar and warm water will provide grease cutting, mildly abrasive cleaning action that deodorizes and softens hard water as well. This is a good solution for mopping up a large spill as it will effectively handle the majority of the stain, as well as eliminate water stains on wood. You can also use straight borax instead of baking soda and white vinegar. This makes a very effective and color safe solution that provides added disinfecting power. If the stain persists, do not dismay, there are more things in your arsenal you can use.

Another effective means of dealing with water stains on the wooden surfaces of your treasured piece, is with either toothpaste or mayonnaise applied to a damp cloth. Any brand will do. Just buff the surface after application and you are good to go.

A rust stain can be easily dealt with salt. Sprinkle it directly to the stain and squeeze a lime over top of it until the salt is well soaked. Leave the mixture on for about three minutes and then wipe clean with a moist cloth or sponge. If you don’t have a lime, vinegar will also work. Salt also works very well on dark colored juice or wine stains. Again sprinkle the salt on the area and rub with a cloth moistened in cold water.

Another equally effective remedy for dark stubborn stains, like coffee; is to mix an egg yoke and a tablespoon of milk and water. Rub this mixture on the stain. If the stain had set or is stubborn then a stronger mixture is needed; just add a little rubbing alcohol and continue working on the stain. Then rinse with a moistened cloth. Rubbing Alcohol is effective for spilled candle wax on fabrics as well as tar on wools. Clean off the excess spillage and rub the area with the alcohol, and the wax will dissolve. Tar on cotton can be dealt with salad oil. After you scrape off the excess dab the stain with salad oil and let is set for 24 hours and then rub with a warm soapy wet cloth.

Oil paint on fabrics is enough to stop your heart, but it can be dealt with windex if you have it on hand, or even ammonia. Unlike turpentine it is color safe and more likely to be in your cupboard. Spray the area with index and initially dab the area as not to spread the damage. When the excess of oil paint is off, then rub the area. Repeat as necessary, and then wipe the area with a dampened cloth .

With some fast acting and easily accessible products, which chances are you already have on hand; an accident regardless of it’s nature need not destroy your investment in a new or newly refurbished piece of furniture. Ensuring it’s enjoyment worry free for a long time to come.

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD