Thursday, July 8, 2010

Current Trends In Display Advertising: What's Hot






 
 When it comes to your online advertising dollar, you have to be as effective as you possibly can. It’s certainly not like shooting fish in a barrel is it? Knowing “what works” and “where” is most definitely half the battle. Fortunately there are statistics that have recently surfaced giving you the entrepreneur clearer sights on a more effective and profitable advertising campaign.

There are a lot of influences that determine the shifts in preferences in advertising consumption: technology, consumer word of mouth, fads and trends etc... but one of the underlying and common themes we are noticing in successful ads are the high impact and entertainment quotient that the ad delivers. It runs in line with the now insatiable appetite for online video entertainment and infomercials via Youtube, AllPodcasts, Dailymotion etc... as well as the recent growth in Internet Television viewer ship. It is safe to say that moving pictures have certainly taken advertising consumers by storm. It has dictated the rapid development of Android Cellular Technology.

How does that affect display advertising? Is it going by the way of the ghost? Not necessarily. Though static display ads are grappling with their toehold in the marketplace, more and more animated images are popping up as the new trend in Display Advertising presentation. There is an ever present shift towards GIF, Flash and HTML5 formats and these are the ones that are getting noticed!

Here’s just a quick rundown on the formats before we jump into the stats, just to make sure we are all on the same page. If you are a solopreneur needing to be your own “creative force” your best and most cost effective bet in staying current in your Ad design is with a GIF format. All you need is a JPEG image, a Graphics program to lay out your frames and a GIF conversion program (there are a few relatively inexpensive ones on the market like: “GIF Movie Gear,”) upload your GIF image to a photo hosting service like Photobucket and you will be provided with the URL addresses that will suit various layouts from websites to email .

Flash is a little more complicated, (not impossible mind you) but if you are not familiar with flash it can be time consuming and intimidating to get a handle on it . What you do gain is a little more liberated and smooth flowing medium when it comes to object movements and glitz. To flash or not to flash has always been a sticky and contentious subject. Google’s algorithm program and flash formatted web pages and flash inserts into HTML pages do not play nicely together. You hear though in the wind every once in a while that Google might change their capabilities and policies in relation to being more flash friendly and if more and more webmasters are using flash, no doubt the consumer will dictate Googles “need and speed” to do so. But at the moment the industry as a whole is grappling with what works best for them... to flash or not to flash, that is the question. What is interesting is that WIX.com who allow you to build solely flash websites has recently made a surprising announcement in that it now has the ability to add HTML. Sounds like flash and HTML are learning to co-habitate and accommodate all preferences across the board.

HTML5 is new and still under development. No doubt it is something to keep an eye out for in the future because that is where the future is heading. It is well worth the time to take a look into and get familiarized with, but as anything new in the marketplace consider it at the moment as an expensive, potentially wrinkle laden, and difficult format to consider. In a nutshell HTML5 is currently under development as the next major revision of the HTMLstandard. Like its immediate predecessors, HTML 4.01 and XTML1.1, HTML5 is a standard for structuring and presenting content on the web.

Now let’s look at what works according to information gathered and released by comScore while touting their success with a brand new analytic program that records ad viewer ship among other things. (Incidentally you can get a closer look at their findings on their website.) JPEG display ads still lead the market with a 42.4% share in this grouping of viewer ship and the ever rising in popularity GIF formats now hold a 14.1% share within the JPEG’s stats. Flash and rich media ads combined together represented an additional 40.3 % of all display ads viewed (Rich media includes bitmap images, vector drawings, 3D models, animations, audio and video. ) Leaderboard style banner ads (728x90) were the most commonly viewed display ad type for size.
Another interesting statistic released by: The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) will help you find the right placement for your advertisement to get the most punch. They recently released their findings in WebsiteMagazine, (you can read up on the list if you search for “Top 50 Ad Networks To Explore”) and what was interesting to note that amid a fall in advertising dollars spent for the recorded time period, there was a substantial and notable growth in mobile and video advertising networks including: including SpotXChange.com and Yume.com. Something you might want to consider.
Finally in the arsenal of advertising placement options, a new Canadian company has hit the marketplace. Though still in Beta format, statistically speaking this company is signing on clients like a sugar cube calls to ants. Advrtz.com is their name and they are boasted of selling over ten million ad impressions in just under 24 hours. Advrtz is a facilitator between ad publisher and ad spot purchaser. Their mandate is quality! As a purchaser you have options available to hone in on your target market as well as remain within your budget. You can purchase flat rate ads and run of network (CPM ) ads. Well worth taking a look into as well.
Though the medium it’s self is ever changing and ever evolving, there are still some standards that remain the same in relation to your presentation. A well defined target market not only helps you communicate effectively, it will also help to locate their presence online to facilitate the most efficient ad placement. Think visually, think from their shoes and be creative. Finally, keep your own eyes open to the ads around you while you are surfing online. What caught your attention? Take a moment out to think why. We wish you good luck and the best of advertising success!

WHEN I LEARN TO FLY


When I Learn To Fly...
I am a well crafted, amply blessed, lovingly painted, hand molded soul.
Made by ONE... as a unique entity in a universe of unique entities.
For the time being I am apprenticing in the safety of a molecular body,
( I look at it as protective gear for a game called life.)
I am charged with for the most part positive energy,
which I learn to regenerate from both heaven and earth.
Thus I learn to honor Father and Mother.
I am a replica of the universe.
I demonstrate to myself and to those who look at me,
the unity and balance that we all are.
Many in one... and one in many.
Working in conjunction yet as individuals; ever moving, ever evolving, ever changing, ever growing and ever seeking universal balance.
I am learning to be in this fluidity without being a harm.
Kicking at the "Oneness" .
Causing it to be off balance by my choices.
I learn the universal rule, "seek balance as a singular entity".
I learn not to be a free-radical that threatens.
I learn there is nothing new under the sun,
all is cyclical, for us all to learn.
I am taught that as bacteria threatens a molecular body, (as my eyes behold)....
my choices threaten the heavenly body, (as my spiritual eye beholds.)
I am as you are... and as all children born are;
proof that our creator has not lost faith in us.
Has not given up on mankind.
That all is not for nothing.
I am freedom of choice.
I am learning by freedom of choice.
I am free to build or destroy.
I am free to in a molecular state see the consequences of these choices.
Feel the consequences.
This choice is not infringed upon by He who crafted me.
It is His tool, as a wise parent, which allows me to taste, test, and see the integrity of positive by knowing negative.
For how then can I know the fullness of joy unless I have something to measure it with?
How then can I appreciate my soul unless it is bound by my molecular shroud?
By the wisdom of ONE, I am ever growing to a point where I will no longer need my shroud of a body to protect me.
I will have learned to be a heavenly body....
I will have learned to make my foot print light.

I will have learned to fly.....

I'm Gonna Try Peace

by ,


Gonna lay my head down in the sand,
let the wind blow over my face.
Gonna render my body to the land,
and give it my sweet tears to taste.
Gonna lay my sword down on the soil
I am not going to swing it no more,
I have nothing to show for all the toil,
been stalemated , “settling the score.”
Gonna put my hands behind my back,
and let the will of heaven flow,
pray for some mercy to put me on track,
and refresh a weary parched soul.
Going to pick up a staff to hold instead,
and try to walk a mile in bare feet.
Gonna listen to what history has said
and pound my drum to a different beat.
Hold words in my mouth of a different plan,
and learn a whole different speech.
Gonna hold them to action as best as I can…
this time I gonna try PEACE!

There is a claim that miracles
are the fancy of imaginations;
and indeed they will be
if you are not open to receive them.
If you hold no faith,
if you do not use your eyes to see them,
if your definition is to tightly wrapped.
All these blocking the vital energy
that all miracles flow on.

You can not see
if you do not look!.
No one will hear you
if you do not speak.
Indeed you will not be tested ,
if you do not stand up for something,
but again....
you will never need a miracle either!
Nor will you experience the euphoria
of being blessed by one ,
unless you put yourself out there in faith,
standing firm in your convictions.

Life is a miracle in it's self,
and you would be squandering your life
unless you put yourself out there as well

by CMD